who we are
Junior Pearls is an auxiliary of Beckstrand Cancer Foundation whose mission is to improve and enhance the quality of life for children with cancer. Junior Pearls is comprised of high school students throughout Orange County who are committed to getting involved in their community and donating their time to programs that enrich the experiences of children diagnosed with cancer.
Currently, Junior Pearls has chapters at the following high schools:
- Corona Del Mar High School in Newport Beach, California
- El Toro High School in Lake Forest, California
- Newport Harbor High School in Newport Beach, California
- Sage Hill School in Newport Coast, California
- Tarbut V’Torah in Irvine, California
Contact Junior Pearls to join an existing chapter or start your own!
what we do
Junior Pearls supports and complements the programs of its parent organization, Beckstrand Cancer Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that provides a unique combination of financial assistance and patient advocacy to victims of cancer who are in the midst of treatment and struggling to cope with critical survival needs, such as rent/mortgage payments, insurance premiums, medical co-payments, and food.
Junior Pearls supports the funding and program development of Beckstrand’s Pediatric Oncology Program. They provide care packages to cancer patients and hold local events to raise funds and awareness.
why we help
In the United States, 33 children are diagnosed with cancer each day. About 2,300 die from the disease each year. Thanks to advances in medicine and treatment, these numbers are beginning to decline, but the aggressive nature of existing treatments still produces devastating side effects for children. In addition to losing hair, nausea, vomiting and fatigue, patients often encounter emotional hardship and an unmet need for educational programs, activities and services to help them recover and maintain their well-being. Junior Pearls helps to fill this gap, and improve and enhance their quality of life.
ways of getting involved
- Join a Junior Pearls Chapter or Start One at Your School : Contact Junior Pearls
- Spread the Word : Share our mission with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Make a Donation : Donate here
- Set up a Fundraising Page or Event :
- Visit Crowdrise and click “FUNDRAISE FOR THIS CHARITY”
- Set a personal goal and then contact your friends and family for help
- Use GoodSearch and GoodShop :
- Enter Beckstrand Cancer Foundation as your verified charity.
junior pearls video
in the news
Corona del Mar : Emily Arenal & Kendra Elieff
El Toro : Gabby Gray
Newport Harbor : Jane Layton & Avery Peterson
Sage Hill : Sloane Anderson
Tarbut V’Torah : Romi Ferder
Advisor : Sarah Unke
Junior Pearls of Beckstrand
20341 Birch Street, Suite 310
Newport Beach, California 92660
Beckstrand Tax ID#: 23-7416758